Here are some up coming events for Summer 2016 in Thailand, Malaysia and UK that you can’t miss, let’s pack up your bag and go travel…
- Songkran Festival: people celebrate the water festival all over the country especially Bangkok, Chiangmai, Pattaya and Samui are famous destinations for the festive.
Date: 13 -15 April 2016
- Koh Samui Regatta 2016: Samui Island has so much to offer-it’s natural gems, beautiful beaches and seas along with unique Sothern Thailand cultures which will be a host of Koh Samui Regatta 2016 with over 500 participant sailors
Date: 21-28 May 2016
- Pattaya Music Festival: One of the most famous Music Festival in Thailand which will be held in Pattaya every year with a variety of music and performers that will be separated in to different stages such as Raggae, Pop, DJ/Techno, Classic, Jazz and many more.
Date: 20 -22 March 2016
- Labuan International Sea Challenge (Malaysia Water Festival 2016): This annual water festival, from April 29 – May 1, will feature a variety of water-related activities and sports. If you’re seeking a little bit of competition, or just a good time in the water, this is a recommended event to attend! Participants from around the globe are invited to join the kayak competition, boat tug-of-war competition, game fishing, boat race and cross channel swimming during this time of fun in the duty free island of Labuan.
Date: 29 Apr-1 May 2016
- Southern Malaysia Architecture And Building Exibition: a 3 day event in Johor Bahru, Malaysia. This event showcases products like Organising, marketing and management of exhibition and conference Organising trade mission and networking opportunities Sales agent for overseas exhibitions Market research, product promotion/launching etc. in the Research & Development industry.
Date: 31 Mar-2 Apr 2016
- AMIT UTOPIA World Tour 2016 Malaysia: A-Mei Chang, born Amit Kulilay, of Aboriginal Taiwanese decent of Pinuyumayan tribe, is often called as the “Pride of Taiwan” and a diva of Mandarin Pop. She remained the only Chinese performer who received a World Peace Music Award. Her concert will be held at STADIUM MERDEKA, KUALA LUMPUR.
Date: 30 April 2016
Interesting Tourist attractions in Malaysia
- The Petronas Twin Towers in Kuala Lumpur were the world’s tallest buildings before being surpassed in 2004 by Taipei 101. However, the towers are still the tallest twin buildings in the world. The 88-floor towers are constructed largely of reinforced concrete, with a steel and glass facade designed to resemble motifs found in Islamic art, a reflection of Malaysia’s Muslim religion. The Petronas Twin Towers feature a sky bridge between the two towers on the 41st and 42nd floors.
- Chinatown, based in Petaling Street, is also known as ‘Chee Cheong Kai’ (Starch Factory Street), a reference to its roots as a tapioca-producing district. Deeply immersed in Oriental culture, heritage and history, Chinatown is undoubtedly one of the most popular tourist spots in Malaysia. It’s also a well-known bargain hunter’s paradise, a place where you can find all sorts of stuff from Chinese herbs to imitation goods. At night, its main market area, Petaling Street, transforms into a lively and vibrant night market, filled with hundreds of stalls offering all kinds of goods at dirt-cheap prices, and the best thing is, the prices can be brought lower still as haggling is the way of life here
- Langkawi is an archipelago of 99 islands in the Andaman Sea. The islands are a part of the state of Kedah, which is adjacent to the Thai border. By far the largest of the islands is the eponymous Pulau Langkawi with a population of about 65,000, the only other inhabited island being nearby Pulau Tuba. Fringed with long, white beaches and with an interior of jungle covered hills and craggy mountain peaks, it’s easy to see why this is Malaysia’s most heavily promoted tourist destination.
- Langkawi Sky Cab hovering over jungle and climbing over 550 million years old rock, SkyCab gives you more than one unique experience. Be informed, SkyCab is located at the oldest part of South East Asia and the first to emerge from the ancient sea and estuary! That’s something to give a goose bump if you can get the gist. Come and experience it yourself.
- Legoland is Malaysia’s first international theme park that has opened in Johor Bahru with over 40 interactive rides, shows and attractions. It is the first Legoland theme park in Asia and sixth in the world upon its establishment. It is the centrepiece of a 5,500,000 sq ft (510,000 m2) integrated complex in the Nusa Cemerlang industrial park, within the Iskandar Malaysia economic region, consisting of a lifestyle retail centre, offices, hotels, service apartments and residential units.
- Gold Cup Week: The Festival and Gold Cup 2016 will include a feast of gripping horse racing, Guinness drinking and hat wearing, not to mention more than £600 million-worth of wagers, at the jewel in jump racing’s crown, Cheltenham Racecourse. The climax of the entire Jump racing season is the Cheltenham Gold Cup; the highlight of arguably the best day’s racing of the year, with an atmosphere to match.
Date: 14-18 March 2016
- Wales versus Italy Six Nations: The Six Nations rugby tournament is an annual international competition involving six European countries; Ireland, England, Italy, France, Scotland and Wales. Six nations 2016 matches will be held in 6 different venues, 1 for each country. Current venues are; the Twickenham Stadium in London, Stade de France in Paris, Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, Stadio Olimpico in Rome, Murrayfield stadium in Edinburgh and the Aviva stadium in Dublin.
Date: 19 March 2016
- BEYONCÉ: The Formation World Tour: Beyonce Knowles an American R‘n’B pop singer from Houston, Texas, will be performing in Cardiff on Thursday 30th June 2016 at The Principality Stadium
Date: 30 June 2016